DIRECTOR ECOMMERCE & DIGITAL MARKETING
DIRECTOR OF ECOMMERCE / DIGITAL MARKETING
WHO IS FRĒDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is building community from the ground up. Footwear and accessories handmade in our family factories in Spain and EL Salvador. We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We are driven. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment. We are looking for a passionate, analytical, and creative Marketing & Ecom leader to join our team. This is a key role in the company that will report into the President and have a close working relationship with the founders. This role will drive the ecom business and marketing efforts across all digital and direct mail channels. The ideal candidate is passionate about our customer, understands fashion & luxury products, and knows how to manage the customer journey.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Ecommerce Marketing will support the scale of FRĒDASALVADOR.COM through optimizing and managing site and digital channels to create a best in class ecommerce funnel and brand experience across all aspects of the customer lifecycle. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day online business including product launches, email, digital marketing and partnership with cross-functional teams (creative, planning, production, digital agency) helping to set, maintain and improve KPI’s. The right candidate will be driven, self motivated and come to FREDA with experience driving conversion preferably in the fashion space. You will be passionate about the latest trends in the retail industry and specifically technology to optimize FRĒDA’s investments and identify new opportunities.
DAY TO DAY
- Lead marketing team to build seasonal marketing calendar & manage channels to execute.
- Drive results towards the financial forecast including key events in partnership with the product team and leadership.
- Identify new opportunities for scale, and partner with leadership to execute.
- Manage data analytics reporting, and utilize insights to drive scale.
- Drive scale sustainably, work towards scale within the company budget finding creative ways to maximize and optimize while testing new initiatives.
- Leverage external agency partners to execute while identifying the right time to internalize and integrate roles within the business as the business grows.
- People/Team Management. Leading, coaching, upskilling and mentoring of direct reports.
- Be customer obsessed, drive loyalty and retention.
- Monitor and analyze customer lifecycle, create strategies to drive growth.
- Own all site product launches and updates with the marketing team.
- Manage the setup and maintenance of weekly/daily merchandise and creative strategies with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Manage relationship and project manage site initiatives with Freda’s Web Development Agency.
- Own site functionality, navigation, taxonomy, search and product merchandising.
- Develop and coordinate plans for CRO and UX/UI testing - goal is to test, learn, build, and then to test again! Responsible for product life-cycle management from sales launch through to maturity and decline.
- Identifies opportunities for site optimization.
- Partners with manager to build roadmap for site improvement / optimization.
- Work closely with the Merchandising / Planning to ensure we have the right assortments and inventory for channel.
- Monitor customer reviews and partner closely with Retail and CEX teams to ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Monitor the site to ensure optimized performance around customer engagement and conversion across different customer types.
- Monitor the live site daily to check for category navigation issues and opportunities and product accuracy.
- Provide regular competitive analysis. Partner with Visual and Creative teams to consistently ensure the site is fresh.
DIGITAL MARKETING CHANNELS
- Partner with digital agency to drive growth across all paid channels (PPC, SEO, Social, Affiliate, WOM and Influencer Marketing) Manage Marketing Associates to drive growth across organic social and influencer channels.
- Manage creative and marketing teams to ensure campaign deadlines are met across paid ads, email and sms.
- Project managing initiatives from conception through to execution.
- Lead the strategy and content planning alongside Digital Assistant Manager for Freda’s email and sms campaigns, as well as triggered journeys in relation to the product and customer lifecycles.
- Evaluate channel performance and sales event productivity against goals, providing critical insight to the team weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Partner with agency to create CRM Analytics to build customer segments in both email and on-site targeting.
DIRECT MAIL CHANNEL
- Partner with direct mail agency partner to lead strategy for channel using insight from customer data to help inform creative and targeting decisions.
- Manage the DM budget to performance and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs to meet KPIs.
- Manage and report on customer milestone data to help drive this channel
- Analyze data and metrics for this channel on a quarterly (or as needed) basis, making recommendations for improvements, and reporting on Direct Mail’s impact on Freda’s other marketing channels and platforms.
- Manage creative teams to ensure strategic alignment on content and timelines are met.
- Stay on top of emerging trends for direct mail, to identify best practices, new approaches, new publisher models, and changing DM technologies.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- 5+ years of experience in of experience in digital brand strategy and/or digital marketing.
- You have at least 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team
- Collaborative team player with strong work ethic who can rally a team around a common commitment to the brand.
- You have demonstrated experience building and scaling a brand, and are excited to jump in and manage competing priorities.
- You have successfully launched and managed a new product or innovation through its entire life cycle.
- You have an analytical mindset, with proven experience defining and delivering performance metrics for brand initiatives and gleaning actionable creative insights from data.
- Proficient in Google Analytics. Shopify, Klaviyo, key marketing analytical tools.
- Strong analytics and Excel skills.
- High comfort level with online performance measurement and attribution models.
- Comprehensive knowledge of paid performance and SEO and CRO.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an obsession for the customer journey and experience.
- Excellent presentation, organization and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. You’re entrepreneurial in spirit (start-up experience preferred)