Information We Collect and How We Use It
Frēda Salvador’s Privacy Notice
Last updated August 24, 2020
Frēda Salvador is 100% committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit one of our retail storefronts in person, contact us via email, phone or other means, or visit fredasalvador.com (collectively, the “Site”).
We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice to learn more about:
- What information of yours is collected by us;
- How we use the information we collect;
- Your rights with respect to the information we collect;
- How we protect children;
- How you can opt-out of receiving communications from us;
- The security of your information;
- How to contact us with any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice;
- California Privacy Rights; and
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site or share any personal information with us. This Notice may be updated from time to time without prior notice, so please check back periodically. If you continue to use our site and services after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes.Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
You may provide your personal information to us when visit our retail storefronts or you contact us by phone, email, via our websites or any other way in order to use our services to search within or place orders through our services, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes or otherwise access our services. This information may include:
Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your first and last name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
Payment Information. We may collect your credit card information, including billing address to help us finalize your order.
Event Information. For example, we may collect specific information such as name, date and mailing address upon a Frēda event registry.
Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our Sites including our customer reviews and blog comment thread.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information to help us personalize and tailor advertising to you. Also, keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example, in a forum made available via social media, that information can be viewed and used by others.
- Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our Site. You may also provide marketing and communications data, including your preferences for receiving mailings from us on the Site, in-store and upon checkout.
Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our Sites. This may include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system. This is to help us better tailor our site experience and content to your preferred device.
Commercial Information. For example, we may collect information like style and size for the products you purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other Network Activity Information. We may collect information related to your browsing history and other information regarding your interactions with our Site or advertisements.
Use of Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our services, including but not limited to the fulfillment of orders;
- Improve the content of our Site and retail stores and enhance your experience;
- Communicate with you about our products and services, and respond to your inquiries;
- Send correspondence (including, for example email on behalf of ourselves and/or reputable organizations whose products or services are complementary to our own);
- Personalize your experience and interaction with our Site;
- Analyze trends and statistics;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Site and prevent misuse;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies; and
- Otherwise manage and enhance our Site and services or as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
We will not disclose your personal information except as described. We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within our Frēda Salvador channels.
- On Our Websites. For example, we may display information you post in our customer review or blog comment threads.
With Our Service Providers. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Information shared may also include companies that send emails on our behalf, process payment installments, provide marketing assistance, data analysis or search results. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- For Marketing, Commercial or Advertising Purposes. This includes third party marketing partners specifically for commercial purposes. Or third party services whose products and services are complementary to ours and in which we believe you may be interested. If you wish to opt-out of third party data sharing, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Comply With The Law Or to Protect Ourselves. We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- With any Successors To All Or Part Of Our Business. We reserve the right to share or transfer any personal information we have about you in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business (including in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Cookies are small amounts of data that are sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive or other devices for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing your communication and interaction with our services and to assist with marketing efforts. To support our services, we or our service providers may use one or more of the following browser cookies for the purposes set below. You have the option of disabling cookies by accessing the tools provided to you in your preferred browser. However, please note that you may not have full access to our Site if you change your cookies settings to disable them.
Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our services, the pages that they visited on our Site, the time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. This information is aggregated, and does not identify individual users. We use this information to help us improve how our services work and to gather demographic information. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of the features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content you request to load quickly. Without these cookies, the functionality that you requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with this functionality.
Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our Site to remember the choices you make when using our Site, such as remembering your login details. These cookies are used to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences upon each visit to our Site.
Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on our Site, and when you engage with our content through a social media networking website such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Targeting Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver relevant ads, track email marketing or ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites or to otherwise assist with our marketing or behavioral advertising efforts. Our ad partners may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your electronic device to collect information about you. We may also allow other third parties such as ad networks and ad servers to serve tailored ads to you on our services. We sometimes provide our user information, such as email addresses to service providers who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) in order to provide you with more relevant ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications.
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have certain rights with respect to the access, correction, restriction, and erasure of your personal information stored on our platform. You have the right to:
- Know what personal information we have about you and request a copy of the same;
- Update or change any incorrect personal information;
- Ask us to stop collecting, processing and using your personal information in certain ways or requesting the erasure of your data;
- Request the portability of your personal information; and
- Raise concerns regarding automated decision making processes.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. If you feel your rights are in jeopardy using our Site, where applicable you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. We may request you provide us with information to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive in nature. We may also retain your personal information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, trouble-shoot problems, assist with investigations or enforce our contracts.Use of our Services by Children.
Our products are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not intend to collect personal information from or about children under the age of 16. If we discover that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such information. If you are age 18 or younger, you are not authorized to submit any content or information to us without the explicit consent of your parent or guardian.Opting Out of Future Communications
You may opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com. To opt-out of physical mailings and telephone communications, or to add your name to our do-not-share list, you may email us at the above address or reach out to us via chat or SMS services. We will be sure your name is removed from our list (and the list we may share with third parties) as soon as possible after we receive your request. Please be aware, however, that even after your request is processed, we may, for a time, retain residual information about you in backup and/or archival copies of our database.Do Not Track (DNT).
Our Websites are not designed to respond to DNT signals received from common web browsers.Protection of Personal Information.
We are committed to using our best efforts to maintain the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your personal information and our systems, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, no transmission via the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to or through our Site. Therefore, you assume that risk by visiting or using our Site. Our Site is secured and verified by Shopify.Information from Users Outside of the USA and Consent to Transfer Jurisdiction.
Our services are operated in the USA. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please be aware that information you provide will be transferred to, and stored and processed in the USA. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in the USA, where privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of citizenship or residence. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.Security of Personal Information on Third-Party Websites.
Our services may contain links to other websites that are not under our control or supervision. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. Third-party websites may have their own privacy policies and consumer service policies, or no policies at all. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of the third-party websites to see how your personal information will be handled before providing them with your personal information.Retention Of Your Information.
We only process personal information where we have a legal basis for doing so. We review the personal information we hold on a regular basis to ensure it is being lawfully processed. We store and maintain your information for the purposes for which it is processed by us. The length of time for which we maintain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or required to comply with applicable laws.Effective Date and Modifications.
This Privacy Notice is effective August 24, 2020. Please note that we may modify this Privacy Notice at any time, at our sole discretion, by posting the modified Privacy Notice on our services. The modifications will be effective upon posting, unless some other date is specified. You should review this Privacy Notice periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. If we make a material change to the Privacy Notice, you will be provided with appropriate notice in accordance with legal requirements. Your use of any of our Site and services constitutes your full acceptance of the Privacy Notice in its then-current form.Your California Privacy Rights
- Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Record of Data Transfer. We will provide the right to request and receive, once a year and free of charge, information about third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) about you for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com and please include the phrase "Personal Information Privacy Request" in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California Online Privacy Protection Act.
As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code, this Privacy Statement identifies the categories of personally identifiable information (as that term is defined above and in the California Act) that we collect through our Site about individual consumers who use or visit our Site and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared. See more about the California Act at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, if our business meets certain criteria and you reside in California, then you have certain rights. At this time, we have determined that Frēda Salvador does not meet those criteria, and therefore, is not subject to the CCPA. In the event that changes, this Privacy Notice will be updated and you will be afforded the rights below.
You have the right to opt-out of the use of your personal information for targeted or behavioral advertising which may be deemed a sale of information under the CCPA. Please note that advertising, including targeted advertising, enables us to provide you personalized and tailored content for free and allows us to provide you offers relevant to you. If you would like to opt-out our use of information for such purposes that may be considered a “sale” under California, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the online chat or SMS services available. or calling us Toll Free on +1 866 906 2747.
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period, and, in all cases, for the preceding 12 months:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- Categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Categories of personal information we have used for targeted or behavioral advertising and categories of third parties to whom such information was provided.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section of the Privacy Notice.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your personal information as described in this Notice.
- We collect the following categories of personal information and disclose the same categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifying information; Payment information; Event information; Information you post or submit; Social media information; Internet or other electronic network activity; Commercial information.
- We use the following categories of personal information in connection with targeted or behavioral advertising: Identifying information, Information you post or submit, Social media information, Internet or other electronic network activity.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide some services and product sales to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request.
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.How To Contact Us.
If you wish to contact us to update your information, or if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice and/or the practices described herein, please feel free to email us at email@example.com, contact us via chat and SMS services, or contact our Toll Free number +1 866 906 2747
You may also write to us at the following address:Frēda Salvador
Attention: Privacy Compliance
80 Liberty Ship Way #7
Sausalito, CA 94965