Graphic Designer, San Francisco
WHO IS FREDA SALVADOR?
Based in San Francisco and handcrafted in Spain, Frēda Salvador is an artisan brand that is both modern and streamlined in its approach to footwear. Designed with the self-expressive woman in mind, each style embraces confidence and exudes a casual, yet sophisticated aesthetic that resonates deeply among fashion followers. The brand is both approachable and effortless offering a sought after versatility that makes them the goto for everyday occasions.
We are a fast paced start up and are hustling everyday. We work as hard and as long as needed to get the job done. We are small, but mighty with strong values in teamwork and a positive and supportive work environment.
We are looking for an experienced Design Director to join and help lead our creative team. This role will own all things visual for the brand within a wide range of projects including digital, print, packaging, site, email and more. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their next career step. You will have the responsibility to set up and own this growing department. Your goal is to secure and further develop the brand’s identity as we aim to grow internationally, and into new and exciting channels.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain an open dialogue and collaboration with the company founders to bring their vision to life across all touchpoints of the brand.
- Critique and improve the design process, and help to create the foundations of a new department for our growing company.
- Effectively coach, mentor and manage team members.
- Lead design solutions that run across brand campaigns, product, packaging, print, digital, retail, and experiential pop-ups.
- Build and maintain design consistency for the Frēda Salvador brand across many functions. Primarily: Brand Book, Product Packaging and Labeling, E-commerce Graphics, Print and Catalog.
- Work in close partnership with Marketing and Development teams to bring to life visual testing strategies, concepts and projects for all product launches.
- Represent the design team in collaborations with other departments as well as presenting new design initiatives to the leadership team.
- Explore ideas through rigorous design iterations and implementation.
- Streamline complex problems into digestible and actionable solutions.
- Think strategically and connect design thinking back to specific business use cases.
- Generate creative design proposals (vision boards, scenarios and concept outlines) in order to help provide a visual cue for the desired output and share it with internal and external team members.
- Ability to expand brand concepts at a global scale
- 6+ years of experience developing branding and design across all business touchpoints.
- Have a proven track record of achieving excellence through collaboration, communication, and patience.
- Solid understanding of e-commerce asset needs as well as the marketing industry at large.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects at once and comfortable with tight deadlines that can change on a dime.
- Ability to lead by example and consistently inspire colleagues towards brand innovation, spearheading ideas that conceptualize industry leading solutions.
- Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically. You are a natural born storyteller at heart.
- Responsive to feedback, capable of both receiving and giving all types of feedback to help nurture the team.
- A solid understanding of small, fast growing business. You know how to work scrappily when needed and are not afraid to jump into the thick of it when deadlines are near!
Why you’ll love working at Frēda…
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter reimbursement available (Post COVID)
- Generous employee discounts, and shoe gratis program
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Freda Salvador!