Raul (who runs our production in Spain) and his son Pablo sent us their Fideuá recipe, which we cannot wait to try! They are like family to us. Raul has been friends with Cristina's family for decades and now he is such an important part of our FRĒDA team. Fun fact, Pablo has come to Sausalito the past two summers to live with us and attend basketball camps. He is our (very tall) Spanish son :)
Arnau’s Fideuá Recipe:
- Cubed white fish
- Mini prawns
- 6.5 cups of fish stock
- 1/3 box spaghetti (roughly 125g/4oz)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can of crushed tomato
- Pinch of salt
Combine ingredients and cook (except spaghetti) for 20 minutes. Cook spaghetti separately. Combine all ingredients.
Important: Do not throw away all the fish stock! Keep 2 cups in case you need more!
Snack before the Fidegua:
Mantis shrimp (Galeras in Spanish) and wine!
Our next Spanish recipe comes from Mariola who is our Production Manager at FREDA and also happens to be from Spain. She shared her famous Paella recipe with us and we're so excited to try it! Que aproveche!
Mariola's Paella Recipe:
for 4/6 people
time approx: 1 hour 30 min
- 2 1/2 lbs of chicken (cut in cubes, the butcher always gets a bit confused when we asked to cut the chicken in cubes)
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of Arborio rice (1/2 cup of rice per person)
- 1 tbsp "Pimenton dulce" (we bring it from Spain, you can substitute with Paprika)
- 3 tbsp yellow food coloring
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 7 cups of water (3.5 times the amount of rice)
- a couple of sprigs of rosemary
- Paella pan
- Long spoon
1. Add 6 tbsp Olive oil in the pan. Heat until hot
2. Add the chicken and cook until well done (until it turns brownish)
3. Add green beans and cook until well done (until they start turning a bit black)
4. Spread the chicken and green beans to the sides of the paella.
5. Add the tomato sauce in the middle of the pan and stir for a couple of minutes, then add the paprika.
6. Once the tomato is done mix everything.
7. Add water at room temperature.
8. When it starts boiling all over the pan add the rice.
9. Then add food coloring.
10. Spread the rice around the pan but without removing too much, just a tiny bit.
11. Cook 10 minutes on high heat
12. Then add rosemary
13. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat